Fall

Thursday, February 3, 2011

GRANDMOTHER'S SEWING ROOM: Nutcracker Pillows


 Every year I get my brother and his wife nutcrackers for Christmas.. I started out doing that because I LOVE nutcrackers and didn't have room to collect for myself, so I collect vicariously by giving to him.  After a while it just became the thing I do.. I did tell him if he didn't like the nutcrackers or got tired of them that I'd take them back!

ANYWAY, I found the most wonderful nutcracker patterns here.  I made pillows this past Christmas -- but still nutcrackers!

I had an awful time with the ruffles, so mom had to help me out with that. Before I do this again, I am buying a ruffling foot for my sewing machine! I am actually looking forward to getting this fun gadget!!

I LOVE how these turned out. It is not just 'red work' embroidery, but is actual line art.. I love the crisp, clear details in these. I took a close up so you could see them both.  I will definitely make more things from this set.

No comments:

Post a Comment