Fall

Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Diaper Kit for Dads

GIFT IDEA FOR NEW DADS

I wish I had remembered to take pictures of this with all the contents.  You will just have to use your imagination on this... luckily I was able to find a photo from the shower!





I wanted to make something fun, yet useful, to give at the baby shower for my son and daughter-in-law -- so I put together a manly diaper changing kit.

The first thing I did was buy a tool box.  This is a plastic tool box from the Home Depot.  I used a Cricut machine to make the letters on self stick vinyl...  I put Papa, because I wasn't sure what he was going to be called.  My husband is Pop or Poppy. My dad is Dad.  My cousin calls her father Daddy.  I guess we never know until we actually have kids and the kids start talking.

I filled this thing up with all kinds of paraphernalia.

First, I put in the necessities:

a couple diapers
a small pack of wipes
Boudreaux's Butt Paste
sample size baby powder

And then I had fun with it!  I added novelty (yet useful) items as well:

New shop towel (for a changing pad)
latex gloves
small can Lysol
a face mask (one of those disposable dust masks)
a sample size (i.e. as in off the airplane) bottle of Whiskey


I thought this made a fun gift... great so the new Dad didn't feel left out at the shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment