Fall

Monday, April 25, 2011

GRANNY'S KITCHEN: Easy Garlic Bread

 Needing to make garlic bread and I hate doing that whole mess with the melting of the butter, cooking it with crushed garlic, slicing the bread and pouring it over and into each slice, wrapping into foil, and cooking. Whew, that wears me out just thinking of all the steps!
The way I make my garlic bread is so much easier and more tasty!!
 If you have french bread, slice it in half and lay it open.  I didn't have any, but had some hamburger buns that needed to be used. I opened them up.
If you have soft butter, that is preferable, but spreadable margarine works. I used some that was not made with hydrogenated oils. Whatever you use, spread the butter on the top of the slices.  Sprinkle with garlic powder and pepper.  You can sprinkle some parsley on that: I sprinkled Italian seasoning on mine.  Then top with a hard cheese. I usually use Parmesan, but this time used Romano.I cut each bun in half.  When doing large French bread, I leave whole and break it at the table.
It only takes a minute or two under the broiler until you have the PERFECT cheesy garlic bread!!

2 comments:

  1. YUMMY! I am soooo trying this, thanks! Hope you are having an amazing day! Shauna from http://www.trying2staycalm.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought to put cheese on my garlic bread. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete