Tuesday, October 26, 2010


 My daughter's friend has a son just a few months older than Baby Kay.  He is going to be dressed as a frog for Halloween -- and he needed a princess to complete the look!

I made this from scraps out of the sewing room!  The hat was put together on a triangle/cone made from some stiff interfacing that I stole from a purse kit in my stash. We then hot glued the ribbon and lace and added tulle and ribbons for the final effect.

The skirt again is scraps from the fabric stash.  It is just a rectangle of pink silky fabric with a tulle skirt lining and a tulle overlay.  The ribbon on the bottom    of the dress (which is what we put on the cone for the hat) has wires in it to give it more of a stand out effect.

Tomorrow we will play with a onsie for the blouse of the outfit. We may just use a plain pink onsie or we may add lace to it ~ depends on what we come up with, how we feel, and how much time we have.

AND I still have to finish sewing a Tinkerbell costume for Natalie.

Stay tuned for updates on my sewing adventures.!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment