Fall

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

GRANDMOTHER'S SEWING ROOM: Owl Sewing Kits



I saw the cutest owls on The Embroidery Garden blog and absolutely fell in love with them!  They are made 'in the hoop', but sadly, my hoop wasn't big enough! I thought since I had a 7x7 hoop, it would work as they are meant for 5x7, but my Janome will only do about a 6x6 design.  Luckily for me, my wonderful mother has a larger machine so I packed up and went to her house to make these!  I added little mustache scissors (as they were what I could find locally to fit in the owls!), some pins, needles, a needle holder and a couple spools of thread.
I ended up making quite a few of them.  These are the ones I had completely finished. I have some more not yet stuffed and plan on making even more.  I had a blast making them!  I have quite the little Parliament of Owls here!!
 

1 comment: