Fall

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

GRANNY'S KITCHEN: Top O'the Morning Pancakes

I love make fun foods for the kids -- even though they are practically all grown now.  I found this fun pancake recipe HERE at Betty Crocker! 
This gives me a legitimate reason to pick the marshmallows out of the Lucky Charms Cereal!!
BUT, one local store actually sells the marshmallows in bulk, so I try to keep a jar on hand.  This is just another good excuse to buy them.

You start with 2 cups baking mix (I use the mix from Aldi's if I haven't made my own in a while)
and add a cup of milk, a teaspoon each of green food coloring and vanilla.  Whisk in two eggs and 1/2 cup marshmallows from the cereal.  Next time, I'm going to add a tablespoon or two of honey or sugar to sweeten these up a bit.. The web site recommends topping with whipped cream and additional marshmallows. I will have to do that next time.  This time, I topped with syrup and bacon!  This made a fun, easy St. Patrick's treat!


No comments:

Post a Comment