Fall

Monday, April 9, 2012

GRANNY'S KITCHEN: Easter Basket Cookies

 I found these sugar cookies at Aldi's and thought they would make a nice cookie basket.  There are 24 pieces: just enough for each of the 24 places in my mini muffin tin holder.
I generously sprayed my muffin tin with the spray oil.  I then took one piece of cookie dough and smashed down into each of the holes. Before the time was up baking, I pulled out and pressed down just a bit (it was like 'popping' balloons -- the cookies deflated so they were still basket shaped rather than balls of cookies.
While these were baking, I took about a cup of coconut (I just used what was left in a bag in the freezer) and added a few drops of green food coloring and water.  I shook up to make green coconut for the Easter grass.
Believe it or not, I still had frosting left in the can from my football strawberry project.  I squirted some of this in each basket (after they were cooled) then pushed some of the green coconut Easter grass onto each cookie.  Jelly Beans (slued down with frosting, too) completed the look. 
The lighting in my photo is off (wish I hadn't used the flash!), but here is the finished project.  

No comments:

Post a Comment