Fall

Thursday, February 3, 2011

GRANNY'S KITCHEN: Fast Fudge

 First, start with a pound of powdered sugar.  I usually buy this in a 2 lb bag, so I 'eyeball' half and make a crease in it. Then I grab the bag by the crease and 'pinch' it in the middle. I am then able to cut open the top and pour out 1/2 of the sugar into my microwavable dish.

 One pound of powdered sugar is approximately 4 cups.  And remember, you can always take a cup of regular sugar and blend in the blender on high for a few minutes to make a cup of powdered sugar!
 Add 1/2 cup cocoa and whisk together.  Then put in 1/4 cup milk (WITHOUT STIRRING) and a stick of butter.

Microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes.

Then stir well and add 1 Tablespoon vanilla.  You can also add 1/2 cup or so of chopped nuts. Sometimes I like to put 'pecan meal' in this.


Spread this out into a well buttered container. Place this in the refrigerator to make it set up faster I like to use a freezer container (Tupperware freezer mate).  This way you can twist the container and smack it until the fudge comes out.  I am sure this would be just fine in a glass dish for cutting the fudge out.

I love this because it is SUPER FAST and EASY..
The family loves this because it is SUPER YUMMY!  As you can see, someone was into it before I had a chance to pop it out of the container or to even take a photo!

No comments:

Post a Comment