Fall

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

GRANNY'S KITCHEN: Shortbread Hearts

 These are my two shortbread molds from Pampered Chef.  I always cook in the mold, but you can mold the cookies and pop them out onto a cookie tray for cooking. This way you could cook more than two at a time.  I don't mind only doing two at a time since the recipe only makes 5 cookies, and it is cold..if I were to do these in the summer, I would probably pop them out of the mold and cook all at once.
 My recipe that I like to use:

1 cup butter, 2/3 cup powdered sugar, 2 tsp vanilla (or other flavoring), 1/8 tsp salt, and 2 cups flour.
Put in mixer.  If the dough is sticky, add 1/4 cup more flour (up to 1/2 cup).

I spray cooking oil on my molds then flour them well before pressing the dough in.  Prick the cookies with a fork to help prevent bubbling up, then cook at 325* for about 15 - 20 minutes (the time depends on the mold I'm using.. these take about 15.. some take 25).  Loosen around the edges with a knife then pop out and put on cooling rack.

I think these are beautiful just the way they are, but I have some 'food markers' that I painted on a couple with.  Maybe next time, I will use my liquid dyes and paint on the colors.. I bet the colors would be better plus that brush would be easier to use.

I've got my eye on some Easter molds... wonder if I could talk hubby into getting them for my anniversary or something. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment