Fall

Friday, January 21, 2011

GRANNY'S KITCHEN: Easy Sweet Potatoes



I was in need of a quick side dish to go with hamburgers, but my cupboards were running a bit bare. I did have some canned sweet potatoes and thought I'd make a quick sweet potato pie.

I poured 2 of the cans directly into a round pan. The other can, I drained first then added it.  I put in a handful of sweetened coconut flakes and about 3/4 cup of brown sugar and stirred it altogether. If I had thought about it, I would have put in a bit of butter; and if I'd had any on hand, I would also have added  some chopped pecans.  I covered with a piece of wax paper and microwaved for 3 minutes.

I took the pan out and added the marshmallows (which were all sticky in the bag as they were left from a fall cookout, but they were going to be melted anyway!)..

Once the marshmallows were arranged, I popped back in the microwave for a couple 45 second intervals until the marshmallows were somewhat melted and gooey. It was like a special treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment