Fall

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

GRANNY'S KITCHEN: Spritz Cookies


I have a hand held spritz maker that plunges the cookie dough out the bottom. I have to say that some of these are difficult to get off the spritz maker -- it takes a little practice EVERY TIME you use it!
One trick I've learned is to use COLD cookie sheets because they help stick to the dough and pull it off the spritz maker.


 This is my favorite recipe:
mix 2 cups butter (NOT margarine) and 1 cup sugar and beat until fluffy.  Mix in 1 well beaten egg (I usually use a reconstituted powdered egg from my food storage!) and a tsp of vanilla.  Gradually mix in 4 cups of sifted flour.
And that's IT! How easy is that??? And soo good!



I simply put sprinkles on most of the cookies.  On some of the flower shapes, I put some dried cranberries and some fruitcake mix bits -- the kids thought I ruined them when I did that! LOL
Here is my daughter with glass of milk poured and waiting for the cookies to bake.  It's a wonder I had any left for Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment