Fall

Sunday, November 28, 2010

GRANDMOTHER'S LIBRARY: Waking the Witch by Kelley Armstrong

When I started reading this, I didn't realize it was book 11 of Kelley Armstrong's "Women of the Otherworld" series. It is a stand alone book and makes a complete novel by itself, although I felt as though it could be continued in another book.  The book is about Savanna, a witch, who is also a beginning private detective who is looking into a couple murders that could have supernatural overtones.  "Witch" in this novel is not a practicing Wiccan, but is another 'species' or a non-human with distinct biological differences than humans.  The book follows Savanna as she works on her first solo case and leaves me wanting more of the story filled in: Does Savanna lose her powers permanently? Do Savanna and Adam get together? Does Kayla get reunited with her grandmother? These unanswered questions make me think that there might be another book, but it looks as though the books in the series might not necessarily have all the same characters. I'll let you know when I read some more of this series! (which I definitely will).

No comments:

Post a Comment