Fall

Sunday, November 21, 2010

GRANNY'S KITCHEN: Peanut Butter/Oatmeal Cookies

I made these yummy cookies using mainly food storage items from a recipe I found online here. 
I doubled my recipe and put 1 cup peanut butter powder and 1/3 cup water in my mixer to get it reconstituted.  I also used powdered eggs, which are very handy to have around. It makes it OK to eat the dough without worrying about raw eggs (which I never did anyway-- after all, I love Egg Nog!)  I reconstituted these, but you can add the powdered eggs in with the flour and add the water separate. I am still trying to decide my favorite method: I haven't found a difference yet.  The peanut butter powder is a lot easier to mix than regular peanut butter. And being dried, it won't go rancid if I lose it in the back of the pantry!  These yummy cookies have peanut butter, oatmeal, and chocolate chips. They are scrumptious!

No comments:

Post a Comment