Fall

Monday, March 7, 2011

GRANNY'S KITCHEN: Liver and Onions


Mark came home with a large bowl full of liver, so I decided to cook some up in my crock pot.
This is so easy and delicious.  I sliced two onions and put in the bottom of the crock pot. Then I cut some liver into bite sized chunks.  I put about a cup of flour, a teaspoon of salt, and 1/2 tsp pepper into a gallon sized zip-lock bag then added the liver. I shook well to coat and laid the liver on top of the onions.
I mixed 1 beef bouillon cube with a cup of hot water and poured that over the top.
Since I was running late (it was almost noon), I put my crock pot on HIGH to have it ready for dinner. I served with mashed potatoes .

If you did this in the morning, you would just put it on low for the day.  The top picture is the floured pieces on the bed of onions in the crockpot. The bottom photo is the finished product.

I have always liked liver and onions and am very thankful for children who are not too picky with their food because they ate this up!

No comments:

Post a Comment